Some of us have to learn the hard way... through the school of hard knocks and through our own mistakes.
Others of us embrace our mentors. Sometimes it may take a kick in the rear end or sometimes a moment of epiphany.
Our next guest has experienced all of this and has some incredible words of wisdom for us.
Welcome back to our monthly fireside chat with a physician to get to know their journey, their joys, and their struggles with finances and outside of finances.
Our next guest has not only been a physician, but also has created a side-hustle focused on concierge real estate for physicians called Curbside Real Estate.
A little bio on him… he is practicing, full-time, anesthesiologist. He lives in beautiful Sunny Southern California, my birth home. Go Lakers!
I mentioned that he has this passion from real estate that stemmed from his own frustrations and failures.
I know he has a ton of wisdom to share with us and with no further adieu…
Please help me welcome Dr. Peter Kim!
In part one of this episode, you will discover:
- How his relationship with his dad led to a passion of medicine
- The moment his engagement changed his perspective on finances and his management of money (Hint: It had to do with his father-in-law)
- The lessons he learned growing up & how debt impacted his future life
- The number of credit cards he had & why he fell into that trap
- How he hustled and got it all paid off within 1 year
- How my wife and I differ on how we grew up with money