S4, Episode 17-Discovering the Challenges and Successes of Being Married to a Physician with Lara McElderry [Married to Doctors.com]
My friends, in this show, I try and dig deep to find interesting people. Our guest today is not a doctor, but she is married to one. She is married to a surgeon and she is on a mission to help other physicians. Help them to understand their path and what it is like to be married to a physician.
She and her husband got married before he started his medical path. For 16 years they have struggled, triumphed through the MCAT, through medical school, through residency and fellowships including a specialty change. They have 4 kids and she knows that being married to a physician is not an easy journey. I know she is going to bring to us some wisdom and talk to us through their journey.
Please help me welcome, Lara McElderry! Welcome, Lara!
In this podcast you will:
- Learn the lessons that Lara would share with the physicians on how they could support their spouse and nurture their marriage.
- Discover the curveball that they dealt with that could have ended her husband's medical career.
- Learn how they survived having 3 kids while her husband was in medical school and residency and Lara was a stay at home mom.
- Find out the 3 subjects she aims to focus on within her podcast: Married to Doctors.
- Take in the biggest financial mistake that they made that Lara would not want you to do or have to go through.
For all the show notes, transcription and more, check out the podcast website at http://doctorfreedompodcast.com/