Have you ever wondered….
What would I do if I could never practice medicine again?
This physician did. Find out how he overcame personal challenges and found a whole new passion in the process.
Welcome back to our monthly fireside chat with a physician to get to know their journey, their joys, and their struggles with finances and outside of finances.
This show is not always about actionable content. It is however a chance for you to see behind the curtains, to walk in another person’s shoes and experience their lives.
Our next guest has not only been a physician and is married to a physician, but is also a fellow podcaster.
As a matter of fact, he recently received his second nomination for a top podcast in the science & medicine category, which is awesome and fantastic.
A little bio on him… He is a former Flight Surgeon in the United States Air Force. He graduated from the University of Florida with a B.S. in Exercise and Sports Sciences, and received his M.D. from New York Medical College.
However, he had a shift and I believe that he is no longer a practicing physician. He became the publisher of MedicalSchoolHQ.net and OldPreMeds.org.
What’s cool about his new gig- his podcasts are focused on helping medical students and pre-med students. I think there’s a lot we can learn about this transition and I’m looking forward to talking to him about it.
He says, “first, [I] found my calling as a physician. Now I’m an educator of future docs.”
Please help me welcome Dr. Ryan Gray.
In this podcast, you will discover:
- How this physician started a side hustle & eventually transitioned out of medicine to be a full time podcaster
- - Learn how he overcame his financial past to become debt free (and had medical school completely paid for)
- - The top 2 actions that physician’s kids should think about before applying to medical school
- - Why he doesn’t think physician burnout is a problem
- - How a change in his health changed his future