S3, Episode 14- [Physician Fireside Chat]- Dr. Marion Mass- Part One- 3 Reasons Why Family & Medicine Mix (and also Cow Manure)
My name is Dave Denniston, your host. Welcome back to the latest episode of The Freedom Formula for Physicians Podcast.
Welcome back to our monthly fireside chat with a physician to get to know their journey, their joys, and their struggles with finances and outside of finances.
This show is not always about actionable content. It is however a chance for you to see behind the curtains, to walk in another person’s shoes and experience their lives.
Our next guest is a physician and is more involved in advocacy for physicians and about 1,000 other activities more so than any other person I’ve ever seen.
To give you a small sample- she is a pediatrician at the children’s hospital of Philadelphia, she is a board member of physicians working together, she is on the editorial board of the Doylestown Intelligencier, and she is the co-founder and executive VP of The Practicing Physicians of America.
I can’t wait to hear about her journey!
Please help me welcome Dr. Marion Mass.
In this part one of this podcast, you will discover...
- Why a 'farm girl' raised around Mennonites believes that manure shoveling helps you in life
- Where she believes common sense can come from & how it applies to parents
- How slaughtering pigs and a female doctor influenced her to enter into medicine
- Discover how she lived on $9,000 a year and saved $2,000 a year during medical school
- Learn about the emotional moment she changed directions in her medical career & abandoned her fellowship
- Discover her time hacks to save money and spend time with the family
Resources Mentioned In This Podcast