S3, Episode 19- Mark Podolsky- How to Be A Land Geek [The Art of Passive Income and The Land Geek Podcast]
Earlier this year, I made a promise to you. I promised I would get more folks and more experts to talk about real estate and their experiences in it.
Our next guest was armed with only $3,000, gut-wrenching fear, and absolutely no real estate experience… he bought his first few parcels of raw land in 2001.
Today Mark is the owner of Frontier Properties, a very reputable and successful land investing company, and has been buying and selling land full time since 2001. By focusing on working smart, not hard, he has completed over 5,000 land deals.
Prior to his land investing success, he had a high-stress, soulless corporate job, and felt trapped & burned out.
Our next guest’s success in land investing to teach, coach and mentor others to help them achieve their financial goals and probably for himself to make some money along the way too.
Please help me welcome Mark Podolsky, The Land Geek.
In this podcast episode, you will...
- Discover how he moved from a soulless corporate job to his entrepreneurial journey that he loves
- Learn why he flips raw land
- Discover the tax consequences of his flipping and how owner financing is involved (Hint: There's a downside involving depreciation)
- Learn about the difference between tax lien and tax deed (& the hybrid method)
- Why owner financing is an amazing to generate cash flow
- Learn who the best buyers are for your land that you want to flip (Hint: Your back-up is a 'little' website you may not have heard of before)
Resources Mentioned in This Podcast