Welcome back to our monthly fireside chat with a physician to get to know their journey, their joys, and their struggles with finances and outside of finances.
This show is not always about actionable content. It is however a chance for you to see behind the curtains, to walk in another person’s shoes and experience their lives.
Our next guest was kind enough to allow me to guest post on his blog and now he is generous enough to share with us his journey and his wisdom.
He is currently a radiology resident at Florida Hospital Orlando. Throughout his medical education, he’s noticed a surprising lack of personal finance knowledge among young medical professionals, many of whom are extremely bright and talented. Hence, he created a blog, FutureProofMDcom.
Currently, he’s been focusing on topics relevant to a recent medical graduate such as loan repayment and financial organization.
I can’t wait to hear about this journey!
Please help me welcome Dr. Bo Liu (LOO like “lew”).
In this podcast, you will discover:
- How he was influenced by money & why food ration tickets were a big part of that
- Why a bag of radishes made a big impact on Bo's life & how it led to choosing medicine
- How a broke cardio thoracic surgeon shaped his views on money & medicine
- What he is doing to erase his medical school debt
- Why boiling down PSLF to 600 words is so difficult
- How he is juggling the goals of buying a house with paying off debt & saving for retirement
For all the show notes, transcription and more, check out the podcast website at http://doctorfreedompodcast.com/